Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7, 2014 Too Good to Be True?

I have always been a skeptic.  That's probably why I loved math and science... things that can be proven.  I also believe that I have the best chiropractor ever.  She helps me with back pain, headaches, all the normal chiropractic  miracles, as well as mentors me on stress reduction, nutrition and vitamins.  When she proposed scanning my brain with a software package she has been successfully using, I decided it was worth doing.

Today, she went over the results with me.  Hmmm... showed deficiencies in the front and right temporal lobe.  Interesting, since that's also what SPECT tests have also shown and this did not require radioactive tracers or radiation exposure!  Next step she has proposed is treatments based on the findings, specifically brain stimulation techniques.  I have seen other patients utilizing the treatments and it all appears totally harmless.  It's not chiropractic manipulations or anything physical, just mental exercises and such.  

Now, I just have to get my husband on board since he will have to drive me there twice a week now instead of once every two weeks.  He is totally supportive of mes though, so I'm sure that won't be a problem even though he is ten times the skeptic I am.  I will keep you updated on the progress as we go along.

I am quite thankful that I have this encouraging possibility presented today.  It took the edge off of a frustrating experience.  I tried to make a purchase at the pharmacy for $1.58, using cash, and it totally befuddled me.  My husband stepped up and assisted me, but I ended up embarrassed and frustrated.  I am focusing on the positive!!!

No comments: